What is a node?
A collection of sensors and a single data logger.
What is a data logger?
A hardware system which interfaces with sensors, as well as collecting and storing data.
What is telemetry?
A wireless method of transmitting data and other information from a data logger to a remote data storage location.
What is an observation device?
A sub-component of a sensor which delivers data associated with a single parameter.
Can I add my own sensor?
Yes. If your sensor outputs a digital pulse or an analog voltage, it can be connected to our data logger and will report data with no additional work needed. If your sensor uses I2C* or SDI-12 interfaces, you can work with our operations team to integrate this sensor into your deployment.
*Must have an existing Arduino compatible library.
What hardware does GEMS Sensing support and what are its technical specifications?
GEMS Sensing – Haar
- Parameters: Temperature, Relative Humidity, Atmospheric Pressure
- Range: -40°C to +125°C, 0 to 100% , 300 to 1200 mBar
- Accuracy: ± 0.3°C, ±2%, ±1mBar
- Resolution: 0.015°, 0.01%, 0.0006mBar
Apogee – SO-421
- Parameters: Oxygen gas concentration
- Range: 0 to 100%
- Accuracy: TBD
- Resolution: 0.01%
Acclima – TDR-315H
- Parameters: Soil Electrical Conductivity (EC), relative dielectric permittivity, Volumetric Water Content (VWC), Temperature
- Range: (0 to 5000 μS/cm), (1 to 80), (0 to 100%), (-40°C to +60°C)
- Accuracy: ± 5%, ± 2, ± 2.5%, ± 0.5°C
- Resolution: (1 μS/cm),(0.1),(0.1%),(0.1°C)
Apogee – SP-421-SS
- Parameters: Solar Radiation
- Range: 0 to 2000 W/m2
- Accuracy: ± 3%
- Repeatability: <1%
Davis – AeroCone
- Parameters: Rainfall
- Range: N/A
- Accuracy: ± 3%
- Resolution: 0.01”
InSpeed – Version II Hall Sensor
- Parameters: Wind Speed
- Range: 2.25 to 56 m/s
- Accuracy: ± 4%
- Resolution: N/A
InSpeed – E-Vane II
- Parameters: Wind Direction
- Range: 0 to 360°
- Accuracy: ± 2% or 4° (whichever is greater)
- Resolution: 0.36°